Situated in Nagar Valley acing Hunza, it is one of the magnificent pyramids in the world. The peak can be climbed from all sides. Dominating the horizon it is constantly visible from the Karakoram Highway. The scene from Hunza is awesome and beyond description. Its perpetual glacier adds thrill of delight that belongs to the beauty of Hunza.
In 1892, Martin Conway explored this peak though he could not find way to summit. On June 25, 1958 a British/Pakistani joint expedition members Mike Banks and Tom Patey of UK reached the summit. The North Spur was climbed on August 2, 1979 by Eiho Ohtani and Matsushi Yamashita of Waseda University Japan.
||Trek to Base Camp
||Base Camp – Joglot- Gilgit
- Making arrangement of import/ export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Assistance in obtaining climbing permit from the Ministry of Tourism.
- Custom clearance of cargo before arrival of the team, and storage facility.
- Hotel accommodation at Islamabad and Chilas.
- Briefing/ Debriefing at Ministry of Tourism.
- All meals during trek and at B.C as per program.
- All road transport and all transfers as mentioned in the program.
- Porterage of 75 per team member of expedition, equipment and high altitude food to B.C and 50 kg per team member on return from BC.
- Camping ground fees, sleeping tents, mattresses, kitchen tent, mess and toilet tent, field stools.
- Crockery, cooking pan, cutlery, fuel and other related kitchen equipments.
- Daily wages and basic kit of guide, sardar, cook and assistants.
- Field staff and low altitude porter's insurance.
- Porterage at hotels, airports, toll taxes and all other taxes.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets, mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Hiring of high altitude porters, mail runner or any other crew as per requirements (wages and kit to be provided by the team).
- International air tickets, airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- High altitude porters/ any crew above BC.
- Sleeping bags, tents, mattresses, high altitude food and oxygen beyond base camp.
- Ground evacuations, helicopter rescue charges and medications.
- Climbing permit fee or any other fee to be paid to the authorities of Pakistan.
- Insurance liability of team members and others under force majeure situations.
- Clearing agent charges for the clearance of team equipments.